Home » Forums » General Chat » PX30 replacing a key

Author
Topic

Hi everyone, sorry i’m new to the forum and struggling to navigate to the repair forum. I have a digital piano PCM PX30 which my daughter unfortunately broke a key. I have removed the key as it was cracked in half. I have removed the key cover, flipped the top, move the top panel to expose the back of the keys but i cant work out how to slide the keyboard back enough to engage the spare key i have purchased. i have undone every blot under the keyboard but it wont budge. There are plastic panels at each end of the keyboard that may hold the secret (with a hidden bolt underneath??) but i cant see how to remove the plastic ends. I cant find any info on line for this model to do this. if you are able to help or put me in the direction of where i can get some help i would be very appreciative. thank you in advance
tom

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author
Replies

Hi Tom and welcome!

I’ll look at what resources we might have regarding PX30 repairs as soon as I can. In the meantime, take a look at this amazing video about repairing PX201 which might help you.

Let us know how you get on!

If architecture is frozen music then music must be liquid architecture. Quincy Jones

Thanks, i had seen this youtube video but i cant seem to push back the keyboard to enable me to disengage the keys.
    Any other ideas or has anyone out there replaced keys on a PX30 before?

I’m sure I have it. Bear with me and I’ll take a good look later.

If architecture is frozen music then music must be liquid architecture. Quincy Jones

I don’t have PX30 but I’ve uploaded the Service Manual for the PX20 to the Downloads section. I’m sure they will have the same cabinetry and the instructions will be similar if not identical.

Let us know how it goes and please provide me with some feedback about the website such as speed, how difficult it is to find the manual and so on. It is a very new website and I’m in need of feedback to help me iron everything out rather than add hundreds of manuals and then find out I made a mistake on each ūüôā

Good luck!

thank you that is brilliant. manual upload worked perfectly. i think it looks very similar to the PX30 so ill try at the weekend. It looks like i need to just lift the keyboard rather than slide it back which explains why i couldnt move it! ill let you know how i get on. thanks for all your help

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.